Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Your Face Will Say Ahhh! MALA


I know many of you ladies, and yes even gentlemen, are plagued by clogged pores, acne, and uneven facial skin texture. Many of you even race through countless brands of face products in order to try and attain a perfect complexion. Fear not! For I have a recommendation to share with you all.

Recently, I received samples of the Amala Skincare collection...and I must say that it is wonderful.

Amala is a German skincare line, created by Ute Leube, that emphasizes organic ingredients. The forumulations are 97% to 100% natural and is ECOCERT certified organic. All formulas and ingredients are not tested on animals. Amala even donates 5% of revenues to ingredient growers within their global trade network. The collection includes four lines:

Hydrate-with Jasmine to quench dry and dehydrated skin
Rejuvenate-with Cocoa Bean to combat signs of aging
Detoxify-with Myrtle to revitalize the skin
Purify-with Blue Lotus to restore balance and clarity to skin

The line that I sampled was from the Purify collection. I am quite particular about the ingredients list on products, and under close examination I must say that the ingredients in Purify are both natural and effective. The Purify face wash does not contain harsh sulfates, instead utilizing more gentle surfactants, with one being decyl glucoside. With glycerine, tocopherol (vitamin e), ginger extract, sea algae, tiger grass, and lemon peel oil, the Purify face wash gently washes away dirt without stripping all your face oils. The result was remarkable; my face was not dry or tight, but smooth with a matte finish.

My true obsession, however, is the Purify Moisturizer with Blue Lotus. Blue Lotus, in Eastern Asia, is considered to be a healing plant, balancing moisture, controlling oil, clearing pores, and supplying essential vitamins, minerals, and amino acides to your skin. Sea Algae and Tiger Grass work to calm inflammation and encourage cellular turnover. All this sounds great right? So what was the result on my skin? After applying the pleasant, lightly scented moisturizer on my face, my pores were less pronounced and my complexion was smooth. I have pretty sensitive skin, so I was afraid of redness and irritation, but my face was calm after use. After a week's use, my acne was subsiding and my pimple scars were healing. No other product that I have tried has done this much wonder to my troublesome T-Zone and sensitive cheeks.

One note is that there seems to be alcohol high up on the ingredients list, but the formulation of Amala products somehow mitigates the irritating and drying effects that most people experience with facial products containing alcohol. My face is not irritated after using Amala. I have used various brands of moisturizers before with average to good results: Zirh, Philosphy, Anthony Logistics, Chanel, Shisheido, Biotherm, Dior, Clarins, Nivea, Olay, Neutrogena, and Gillette.
And Amala is easily on the top of my list.

Prices for Amala range from $16 to $316 and is available at Barneys or on Amala Beauty.

Amala means "most pure" in sanskrit.
All I can say is Ahhh! Mazing!

OBSESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment